I was in charge of managing the Virtual Learning Environment for TAFE NSW South Western Sydney Institute (One off the largest vocational educational organisations in Australia) and advising on learning design.
The Institute needed to upgrade their existing Moodle 1.9 Learning Management System and my job was to both project manage the technical aspects of the upgrade to Moodle 2 and develop a change management strategy for deployment to 4000+ staff.
- Moodle2 upgrade
- Evaluated the technical issues upgrading the Moodle 1.9 software and plug ins.
- Developed the Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2 upgrade strategy.
- Integrated the Equella content management system with Moodle 2.
- Integrated the Mahara ePortfolio software with Moodle 2.
- Redesigned and implemented a new Moodle 2 theme using CSS to improve usability.
- Developed a change management strategy and communication plan for all stakeholders.
- Addressed the technical issues and successfully upgraded the Moodle 1.9 server to Moodle 2.
- Trouble-shot any upgrade issues with Moodle courses and functionality.
- The Institute was one of the first to successfully transition to Moodle 2 in TAFE.
- The approach informed the fast track of a centrally hosted solution for TAFE NSW E-learning systems.
If you have a project with similar requirements and would like to discuss click ‘Contact me’ from the top navigation.